While you’re here, we will equip you with the skills and opportunities that you need to realise your potential and achieve your goals. You will be supported to push boundaries, lead change and achieve our vision for 2030.
Here’s a taster of what we do for you:
Fair and Transparent Pay
We are proud to have a transparent and equitable Global Salary Scale (GSS) across all of our global locations. Our GSS is calculated to ensure all staff on equivalent grades – from the UK to Uganda, from Sierra Leone to India- receive a fair and comparable wage in line with their peers in other Restless Development locations.
We have recently reviewed our current GSS and will be making further changes in response to staff consultations and feedback. This will include the introduction of salary bands for each role level across the organisation. This means our employees can expect to get a salary increase as they progress through the salary bands in their particular role, which helps us to recognise the skills and experience staff gain during their time with us.
What you can expect working with us
❤ Become part of the Restless Development family: “Once Restless, always Restless!”
🌈 Belong to a team that values inclusivity, diversity and is committed to shifting power
🌳 Regular opportunities to grow and learn through quarterly workshops
🕗 Enjoy good work-life balance through flexible working and people focussed policies
⚖️ Wellbeing support focussed on individual well-being and happiness
👍 Belong to an organisation that values the hard work of all our employees
The combination of benefits staff are eligible to receive varies from country to country, depending on the needs of our people in each location. We aim to have consistent standards across our Global Agency subject to funding and local legislation and the below depicts just a taster of what we offer globally
Pay and benefits are reviewed each year during annual planning and budgeting and we are also responsive to local economic conditions.
In the UK we’re also a London Living Wage employer.
Your professional growth
- Hiring on Potential. We recruit on potential as we value your passion for the sector and desire to learn just as much as your experience. And from day one, you are supported and trained to take on responsibility and be a leader in our agency.
- Global Exposure. You will play a vital role in our global agency, working with teams from other countries or even possibly going on country support visits, internal audits or conferences to share your knowledge beyond your office desk.
- Learning Culture. We encourage all of our people to grow and learn in their roles. For example, all staff globally have access to our Restless Way Induction site to develop new skills and to support them in their role. In the UK, we step away from our day-to-day role and spend Friday afternoons learning from our colleagues and partners about exciting areas beyond our remit.
- Time and Resources. We offer 7 days of study leave and support for your continued learning in the role.
- Office-Wide Away Days. We run regular full-day skills boosting sessions for our people, giving you a chance to learn new things beyond your role and meet people from all our teams.
- Your Development Goals. Your manager will regularly meet with you to talk about your progress towards your professional and personal goals as we ensure you have space, away from day-to-day pressures, to discuss your role and ambitions.
Work-life balance prioritised
- Annual Leave. In all of our locations, our people are entitled to at least 24 days of annual leave, plus public holidays. For every new year with us, you will get an extra day of leave up to 28 days.
- Birthday Leave. Everyone is entitled to an extra day off on their birthday!
- Enhanced Parenting Leave. We support expectant and new parents by offering an enhanced leave package.
- Other types of Leave. We support all of our people by providing 7 days study leave, compassionate leave when needed, wedding leave and unpaid leave.
- Time Off In Lieu. You will be granted time off in lieu if you are required to travel for work on weekends or work additional hours outside your normal working hours.
- Flexible Working. As part of our commitment to nurturing a healthy work-life balance, our people can work from home and choose varied working hours in agreement with their manager and depending on their role.
Relocation and Travel
For staff we relocate to do their role, we offer a competitive relocation package including:
- A lump-sum relocation allowance to support you in relocating to your new place of work.
- Out of country supplements for the duration of your time working in your new place of work.
- When travelling abroad with work, all our people are covered by Restless Development’s emergency medical and travel insurance.
Interested in working for Restless Development?