Are you a young activist ready to tackle East Africa’s hunger crisis head-on? You can join the Hungry For Action Youth Campaign Team.
The Hungry for Action team and Restless Development are looking for spirited and dedicated individuals aged 18 to 28 from Kenya and Tanzania to become a part of the Hungry For Action Youth Campaign Team. Together, we will craft and spearhead the groundbreaking Hungry for Action campaign, aiming to end the global food crisis.
What is the Opportunity?
The youth campaign team will co-create and implement ideas in support of the Hungry for Action campaign in East Africa. As a part of this team, you will;
- Raise public awareness of the global food crisis in East Africa.
- Collaborate with other young people online and in person to discuss solutions to the hunger crisis in East Africa.
- Exploring regional advocacy opportunities with policymakers at the East Africa Legislative Assembly.
- Lead country-specific advocacy efforts around key moments like COP28.
Who Are We Looking For?
We are looking for young people on the frontline with an interest in ending food insecurity and the global hunger crisis – this can be in your personal life, your job, or as part of a youth civil society organisation. We are excited to hear about your work. The individual should be:
- Living in Kenya and Tanzania.
- Aged between 18 and 28.
- Young farmers creating sustainability and overcoming food insecurity.
- Young activists and Youth civil society tackling the climate crisis and advocating for food security in their communities.
- Young Journalists with an interest in creating public awareness about the hunger crisis.
We welcome applications from young individuals with disabilities and encourage them to indicate their specific disability type if they require reasonable accommodations.
What to expect.
We will invite you to an in-person workshop in November and support you in developing your campaign ideas. All related costs will be covered.
If this opportunity interests you, please send us a short video highlighting your mission and youth advocacy vision, articulating why you are passionate about tackling the global food crisis. Please include examples of your previous advocacy work and what you hope to achieve in the role.
- Film in portrait or landscape
- Must be recorded in English
- Recording should be done in a quiet place to allow clear audio
- The video length should be 2 minutes long maximum
- Save the video in either MP4, MPEG or MOV format and name the file with your name
- Upload the video to this link: https://bitly.ws/WkQH
If you cannot upload or prepare a video for any reason, please drop your Statement of Purpose (not more than 500 words) instead here.
The deadline for applications is midnight EAT on 27th October 2023.