Join us on the trip of a lifetime to visit our programmes and see the impact of your fundraising!
You will meet some incredible young leaders, hear some inspiring stories, support our work and even climb Mt Kilimanjaro to top it all off!
A once in a lifetime challenge
The trek will follow the Machame route over 7 days to the Uhuru peak – 5,895m – of Mt Kilimanjaro. This route has beautiful scenic views of varying landscapes and involves camping in tents that will be provided for you. The route itself is challenging but has a good success rate making it to the top and involves no technical climbing, and includes a climb-high sleep-low day for acclimatising to avoid altitude sickness and make the most of the experience.
You’ll have your own team supporting you to have a wonderful and safe trip up to the summit, made up of a head guide, assistant guides, cooks and 2-3 porters per person carrying up the equipment.
February 2020 is the best time to climb as it’s less cold, less crowded and skies are clearer to take in the breathtaking views, although expect a higher chance of snow/ice/showers.
You will raise £5,895 – the height of Mt Kilimanjaro – before the trip. Fundraising will support young leaders across the global agency in each of our 9 Hubs to lead the solutions to problems that exist in their communities, from fighting for sexual rights, ending child marriage and HIV, to accessing employment and becoming entrepreneurs.
The total cost of the Kilimanjaro climb will be approximately £1400, due one month before departure. There will also be costs for accommodation and travel in-country which Restless Development will pay upfront to be reimbursed on your return, and you will book your own flights with our support. These costs are separate to your fundraising so all of the money you raise will go directly to support young people around the world solve the greatest challenges faced by their communities.
Sign up to take part in Trek Mount Kilimanjaro with Restless Development
Pay your £250 deposit
To secure your place, please transfer your deposit of £250 by 31st January 2021 using the details below under the reference ‘Kili Lastname Firstname’:
Acc Name: Restless Development
Acc No: 23423425
Sort Code: 20-00-00
What’s included in my trip?
- Transport in Tanzania to visit our programmes and Airport transfers to and from Kilimanjaro
- Two nights B&B accommodation in Moshi before and after the climb
- Kilimanjaro entry fees
- Waterproof Mountain tents (Sleeping tent, Mess tent, crew tents, kitchen tent, table and chairs)
- Sleeping mattress
- Fees for accommodation in campsites
- Rescue fees and forest fees
- Transfer to and from the mountain gates
- Professional, experienced, English-speaking guides
- Guides, Cook and Porters
- Ethical treatment of porters
- Large portions of fresh, healthy, nutritious food (3 meals a day)
- Clean, purified drinking water
- Cooking and eating utensils
- Crisis management and safety procedures
- Pulse Oximeter and Oxygen tank
- Personal kit such as clothing, footwear, sleeping bag, backpacks
- International flights
- Travel insurance
- Any spending money and tips
- Your vaccinations
- Hotel stay before/after trip
To me, leadership is about solving problems in my community whenever someone needs help.Ramlat, 27 years old from Tanzania
Setting up an online fundraising pageDownload our guide to create your JustGiving page in 3 simple steps
Get in touch
If you have any questions, just email Talita at email@example.com to find out more.