Restless Development India is hiring a Youth Researcher to conduct a qualitative research to understand the impact of COVID-19 young people.
About Restless Development India.
In India, Restless Development is registered as Student Partnership Worldwide India Project Trust. Restless Development delivers programmes in Bihar, Jharkhand, Rajasthan and Delhi at present. During the last 6 years, we reached out directly to over 1,500,553 young people across these states. Restless Development works through the model of young volunteers and youth led networks that lead and deliver transformative change.
About the role.
Restless Development India, in partnership with Malala Fund, is conducting a qualitative research to understand the impact of COVID-19 young people. The research will focus on how young people are coping, adapting and the innovative ways by which they are responding to the effects of the pandemic. It will also focus on the factors that are enabling this response, the disablers and how young people can mitigate the impact of those in order to be recognized as leaders in their communities.
The Youth Researchers will conduct and lead a youth-led research to document the impact of COVID-19 on young people and the role that young people have taken and continue to take in responding to the pandemic. The Youth Researchers will use a digital platform, Fatima, to conduct virtual interviews with pre-identified respondents in specific states. The Youth Researchers will receive training and support from Restless Development staff.
|Role title||Youth Researcher|
|Location||2 positions each in Delhi, Rajasthan, Bihar and Jharkhand (Home Based)|
|No. of hours||80 hours in total, part-time role|
|Stipend||Cumulative INR 16,000/- (to be paid in two installments)|
|Additional details||This role is being hired on a temporary basis for the period August – September 2021 (with possibility of being extended till 15th October)|
|Reports to||Assistant Programme Coordinator – MEL|
Under this engagement, you will:
- Input into the research design and tools drafted by Restless Development;
- Collect data from young people using a digital platform – Fatima, according to team targets set with Restless Development;
- Participate actively in a mandatory training and data analysis workshop with other youth researchers; and
- Review and feedback on the final report.
In order to deliver this piece of work, we expect you to be available five days a week (flexible not fixed days aside from initial training and the final data analysis sessions) throughout the entire project period (August-September 2021).
You would be a good fit for this role if you:
- Are between 18-30 years old;
- Are from Delhi, Rajasthan, Bihar and Jharkhand;
- Are comfortable communicating in Hindi; Are active within civil society spaces – youth activism, community engagement, social movements, etc. – and/or have demonstrated leadership in your community; and
- Are comfortable working remotely and can access stable internet connection.
How to apply.
Please complete the application form. Please note we do not accept CVs, resumes or cover letters. The application deadline is July 18, 2021 and we encourage applicants to share their materials until then, interviews will be granted on a rolling basis.
For more information or if you have any questions, contact email@example.com