About Restless Development.
Restless Development is a global agency for youth-led development, supporting young people to demand and deliver a just and sustainable world for all. Through ten global Hubs, our work is delivered by young people, for young people, giving them the skills and resources to deal with the issues facing their communities and countries. Tackling unemployment and sexual rights, supporting young people to have a voice, and enabling youth leadership at the heart of development, Restless Development programmes are genuinely life-changing. Through our policy work targeting decision makers globally, we are ensuring that young people’s voices are being heard not only in their local communities but right the way up to world leaders.
Restless Development has operated in Sierra Leone at the invitation of the government since 2005, working with and for young people to help the country rebuild from civil war. When Ebola broke out in 2014, it was Restless Development that worked with the next generation of young people – including 3,000 social mobilisers – to reach and build trust with communities across half the country, playing a critical role as the country put an end to the disease. Now, after 2018 elections committed the country to a new national trajectory, Restless Development is working with hundreds of young leaders across the country to unlock the power and agency within communities, strengthen the provision of key services, and build a new future for Sierra Leone.
About the Role.
As the world rebuilds in 2022, Youth Power is more important than ever to ensure progress on the Global Goals is accelerated and young people are at the forefront of creating a just and sustainable future for themselves and their communities.
Youth Power is at the heart of Restless Development’s updated strategy, and central to this is the Youth Collective. Restless Development hosts the Youth Collective; a global community for youth-led organisations. We work to support and strengthen the Youth Collective with deeper engagement through peer to peer support, learning, and connection opportunities. Our focus is on transferring power, resources and ownership to youth organisations.
This exciting Youth Collective Assistant Coordinator role will help to ensure we deliver on our new strategy and support the Youth Collective. This role will help to support the coordination and running of the Youth Collective, a global network of youth-led and youth serving organisations.
Essential skills and experience
● Excellent planning, organisational and logistical skills
● Strong written communication skills
● Ability to work to deadlines and balance multiple priorities
● Strong IT skills (inc Excel), strong numeracy skills to process financial data
● Ability to manage on time and work autonomously
● Ability to think creatively
Desirable skills & experience
● Interest in / knowledge of international development
● Experience using simple design tools, for example Canva
● Experience of website management
How To Apply.
● Please send a completed application form to email@example.com by 28 June 2022. Please note that we do not accept CVs, resumes or covering letters.
● A practical test will be scheduled to take place during the week commencing 4 July 2022.
● Interviews will be held week commencing 18 July 2022.
● Interviews will be online / virtual but a computer and internet connection will be available at the Restless Development Sierra Leone office if required.