Restless Development India is hiring a Programme Officer in Pakur, Jharkhand to work on a programme on girl education.
About Restless Development India.
Restless Development is registered in India as a public charitable Trust in the name of “Student Partnership Worldwide India Project Trust”. Restless Development has worked in India since 1985. We are committed to mobilizing young people as an effective human resource in development efforts, empowering young people living in poor communities, and directly influencing the government to develop youth-focused policies. We currently work on livelihoods and employment, health and governance, and civic participation across the states of Bihar, Jharkhand, Odisha, Tamil Nadu, Rajasthan, and Delhi, reaching over 100,000 people each year.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a dynamic team at Restless Development India, which is undertaking cutting edge youth-led and focused programmes in India on key priorities of young people.
About the programme.
The programme intends to foster gender equitable norms and enhance girls’ agency so that they are empowered to participate in decision making processes including about their marriage. The programme intends to improve access to education and retention of girls and also create a supportive environment that supports girls’ aspirations within the households and the communities. The Initiative will be accountable to children directly and all of the work will have an effective role of children in it.
About the role.
|Job title||Programme Officer|
|Salary||Basic Annual Salary Rs. 5,79,979/- Employer PF contribution: 12% of basic salary and House Rent Allowance 4% of basic salary|
Mobile phone bill reimbursement, health insurance for self & dependents and gratuity benefits, etc. as per the policy of the organization.TDS will be applicable as per law.
|Preferred start Month||January 2022|
|Length of contract||5th January 2022 to 31st December 2022 (Strong possibility of extension)|
|Reports to||Programme Coordinator|
|Direct reports||Youth Facilitators/ Volunteers/ Field Team|
|Expected travel||Local and National Travel – Frequent Travel to areas where the programme will take place (In & outside Pakur district including the intervention blocks); travel to New Delhi or other city for Quarterly/ Annual Staff workshops as part of Restless Development. You may occasionally be required to work on weekends and/or public holidays, for which time off in lieu will be granted.|
1. Programme Delivery & Implementation (60%)
- To ensure effective delivery of programme by Volunteers and the Field team
- Support in programme implementation in and building relationships with intervention schools and communities in Pakur district.
- To manage, monitor and provide supportive supervision to the Volunteers on the field and during training.
- Setting programme specific targets for the Youth Facilitators, Field Executive and Trainers to ensure their task is evenly distributed
- Making regular fortnightly field visits to each placement, analyse the work and provide constructive feedback to the Field team.
- Helping Programme Executive, Youth Facilitators, Volunteers to run and organize in-school/ community/ other events as and when required.
- Ensuring that the Field team meets their programme targets and provides them support
- Lead on organizing logistics for accommodation and travel of field team and project staff
- Submitting field visit reports and monthly reports to the Line Manager and ensure effective communication between Programme staff and the Field team including volunteers
- Representing the position of the programme team, and Restless Development in general, to stakeholders and other organizations in the field.
- To support the planning and implementation of all Restless Development programmes in the region and submit timely programmatic reports.
- Train the field team on Restless Development Safeguarding Policy quarterly.
- Working closely with the Line Manager in setting meetings with partners or attending events.
- Develop a detailed project work plan and timetable for delivery of the assigned projects.
- Reviewing and providing feedback on the translation of the modules and necessary materials in the regional language.
- Be part of the quarterly staff meeting and annual planning process by sharing experiences and contributing to decision making.
2. Partnership & Networking (20%)
- Sensitizing the communities and relevant stakeholders about the organization and its programmes relating to various social issues.
- Liaison with the Partners, Government Departments and Community Leaders and keeping them abreast about the programme through regular meetings and reporting.
- To network and build relationships with relevant partners and establish operational linkage with Partners / like-minded organizations.
- Assisting in building relationships with government departments at district and state level.
- Assist in organizing donor visits in the field.
- Ensuring that the alliance partners are updated with the programme strategy and plans periodically and involving them in the meeting and community gatherings, wherever necessary.
3. Finance & Budget (10%)
- Managing Pakur Field Office including Finance Management.
- Ensuring that all of the Restless Development guidelines surrounding the handling of monthly floats are strictly adhered to.
- Timely submission of monthly bills; proper documented spending to be ensured.
- Working with the Line Manager to ensure that all of programme funds are used as per the organizational guidelines and the assets are used and accounted for properly.
4. Other (10%)
- Ensure recording of data on MEL (Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning) forms by the field team comprising Youth Facilitators, Trainers, Programme/ Field Executive etc.
- Lead in organizing the respondents for data collection for MEL needs.
- Assist MEL unit in data collection including baseline, pre and post-tests, aspiration mapping surveys etc.
- Any other work assigned by the organisation from time to time.
Please send the completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 19th 2021. Please note that we do not accept CVs, resumes or cover letters.