About Restless Development.
We know young people have the power to solve the challenges we face in our world, but they are being ignored and overlooked. We are the agency that works with young people so they can lead in solving those challenges. Whether that means supporting communities to end child marriage or prevent HIV, we work with young people to change their lives and the lives of people in their communities. Our programmes are genuinely life-changing, but can’t do any of this without talented, creative individuals at every level of our organisation.
About the role.
Restless Development is the leading youth-led development agency. We have been working in Tanzania since 1993 and have established an impressive track record in delivering grassroots impact through youth led development programmes aligned to the Government of Tanzania’s Consecutive National Development Plans. We are implementing an exciting 5-year strategic plan (2016 – 2021) which champions for a growing movement of change makers unleashing leadership as an agency in their own right. We believe as an agency we have the key to unlock young people’s potential both at national and on a global scale. Our vision is that young people everywhere are able to demand and deliver a just and sustainable world. Key to attaining our vision is the Restless Model which puts youth at the heart of development. Unified priorities for specific changes that young people are demanding are anchored in our four enabling goal areas: Voice, Living, Sexual Rights and Leadership.
We have projects that are aimed at increasing access to livelihoods and employment for young people’s (men and women including people with disability and other minority groups) control over their bodies and reproductive health rights in Tanzania. We implement projects in partnership with target communities, public and private actors in different locations by directly facilitating greater and equitable access to friendly reproductive health information and services. The Sexual and Reproductive Health Manager will be accountable for providing technical and project management support to implementing partners to ensure quality and timely delivery of projects. S/he will also be responsible for developing strong relationships with policy makers at the national level and development and implementation of all activities under Sexual rights goal. S/he will lead Sexual and reproductive health projects and staff, including planning and executing day-to- day activities and oversee financial management while providing quality information on the progress and outcomes in all aspects of the implementation of the Sexual and reproductive health programme. This will include building up highly functional working partnerships with relevant local administration staff, targeting beneficiaries, technical support and monitoring. You will also ensure the timely and efficient implementation of the Reproductive health and right projects according to all specific targets and modalities set out in the project documentation.
You will be expected to travel in-country on a regular basis in order to provide management support and oversight, and to contribute to development of strategic partnerships at local government, regional and national (ministry/department/agency) level on behalf of Restless Development.
Skills and Experience.
- Degree level and above qualifications in related subject such as Public Health, Gender Community Development, Sociology, Project Management, etc.
- Demonstrable experience in promotion of sexual/reproductive health, gender and human rights.
- Experience in building and maintaining a productive team (staff and volunteers) and partnerships.
- Experience of project planning and use of planning tools, monitoring and evaluation
- Demonstrated experience in program design and writing wining proposals in the area of sexual and reproductive health rights.
- Experience of identifying capacity building needs of communities and beneficiaries and development and delivery of capacity building plan.
- Experience in programming with and for adolescents and young people
- Intermediate to advanced application in Windows, MS Office
- Languages – English – proficient oral and written
- Languages – Swahili – preferable
How to apply.
Please send a completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday, 26
th November 2020.
Please note that we do not accept CVs, resumes or cover letters.