About Restless Development.
Since 2016, Restless Development’s research work has gone from strength to strength. Working with young people based in all corners of the globe, we have explored a range of different subjects, from young people’s experiences of livelihoods, education, climate change, through to the response of young people to the Covid-19 pandemic. Our participatory youth-led research has connected directly with our advocacy, campaigns and communications to ensure that those in powerful policy and investment decision-making positions listen to what young people have found.
About the Role.
Restless Development is seeking a dynamic and passionate Positive Youth Development Lead for an anticipated five-year USAID-funded Integrated Youth Activity (IYA). The purpose of the proposed activity is to empower youth to advance their own economic, civic and social development through: 1) Increased youth capacity for advocacy and agency; 2) Creating new youth economic opportunities; and 3) Increased access for youth to essential services that are more youth friendly. The activity has two key foundational result areas that envision to see: 1) Establishment and/or strengthening of democratic and representative local, regional, and national youth groups and networks to promote resilience and economic, civic, and social development; and 2) Creating and utilizing an innovative youth-led funding mechanism. The Positive Youth Development Lead will be responsible for overall integration of Positive Youth Development principles and approaches into the IYA.
The Positive Youth Development Lead will be based in Addis Ababa, hosted by one of our partner organisations, MercyCorps.
Skills and Experience.
Restless Development invites applications from candidates who are able to demonstrate the following skills, knowledge and experience:
- Experience in USAID-funded activities on Positive Youth Development (PYD) is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to implement youth-led and youth-focussed programming in partnership with NGOS, local organizations and government affiliated initiatives.
- Experience with USAID rules, regulations and reporting requirements is strongly preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Ethiopian Nationals given preference
- Bachelors or MA/S or equivalent in social or political science, international development, management or public administration, business administration or other relevant field related to youth programming.
How to apply.
Please send a completed application form and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 PM on Friday 14th May, 2021.
Only successful candidates will be notified. Restless Development is an Equal Opportunities employer and encourages people from diverse backgrounds to apply.