We’re looking for an Illustrator based in India to work with us on the e-learning course Feminist Action Lab from March 2021.
About Restless Development.
We know young people have the power to solve the challenges we face in our world, but they are being ignored and overlooked. We are the agency that works with young people so they can lead in solving those challenges. Restless Development is registered in India as Student Partnership WorldWide India Project Trust, as a public Charitable Trust.
Restless Development has been operating in India since 1985. We currently work to enhance opportunities for youth to lead programmes and initiatives on livelihoods and employment, health and governance, and civic participation across the states of Bihar, Jharkhand, Odisha, Tamil Nadu, Rajasthan, and Delhi, reaching over 25,000 people each year.
About the role.
We are looking for a young illustrator who can lead in developing the outlook of the website of a youth-oriented online course on intergenerational feminism, which is aligned with Generation Equality Forum global campaign. This role is a time-bound consultancy beginning in March and ending in April, with the bulk of the work being produced in March 2021.
The ideal candidate will have a strong interest in supporting human rights centered programs and media. This is a unique opportunity to help shape a global curriculum on gender equality. The illustrator must have a strong understanding of how to edit content for a global audience.
The priorities of the job role will include:
- Creating a brand package for the course to contribute to its identity and design consistency
- Coordinating with the web developer to create graphics and illustrations for the website
- Designing an engaging logo for the project
- Designing non-audio visual content including presentations, downloadable handouts and other relevant toolkits
- Coordinating with the video editor to support the visual outlook of the modules
About the project.
Young feminists are at the frontline of shaping gender rights and equality today. With this in mind, Restless Development will be delivering ‘Feminist Action Lab : Growing Our Intergenerational Power’, an intergenerational feminist advocacy e-learning course focused on the 2021 Generation Equality Forum. The Forum will be a global advocacy gathering in Mexico City and Paris, launching ambitious new commitments on gender equality to galvanize the Beijing+25 Process.
- 1 large illustration serving as the website header
- 1 logo for the course
- 20 Illustrations for the course website
- Ensure design identity for the course materials
Please check out the Job Description document (added on the top of this page) to learn about the deliverables in detail.
Support from our end.
To support the successful completion of the project, the consultant/agency will be:
- Briefed on the requirements
- Provided with approval on design mock up
- Provided with a content guide which includes information on all modules, project website, their usage, and access rights and additional information as deemed fit.
- Branding guidelines of Restless Development
- Timely payments as per agreed payment terms and conditions
How to apply.
Interested candidates to mail the below details to email@example.com by February 28th, 2021.
- Full Name
- Resume – highlighting the illustration projects undertaken till date
- Design portfolio
- A detailed quotation for the services listed
Interviews will take place on a rolling basis. The expected start date for this position early March 2021 or before. As we expect a high number of candidates applying for this role, we’ll only be able to revert to shortlisted candidates. For any queries, write to firstname.lastname@example.org