About Restless Development
We know young people have the power to solve the challenges we face in our world, but they are being ignored and overlooked. We are the agency that works with young people so they can lead in solving those challenges. Whether that means supporting communities to end child marriage or prevent HIV, we work with young people to change their lives and the lives of people in their communities.
We have operated in Uganda since 1997. Our work is guided by four goals set out by young people; (1) Voice: we recognize that young people have a voice and that participation is only meaningful when linked to power. (2) Living: We support young people to achieve a decent living and hold governments accountable for investing in youth-driven sustainable economies. (3) Sexual, Reproductive and Health Rights: We support young people to make positive choices about their health. and (4) Leadership: We empower young people and communities to prevent and lead the response to emerging crises, we make sure that this is part of a wider approach to invest in young people to build long-term resilience and sustainability through community mobilization.
About the role
Partnership and Resource mobilization (40%):
● Build strategic partnerships with Local and National Government, Bilateral donors, Trusts and Foundations, Corporates and Private sector to support Restless Development Uganda’s strategy
● Connect, learn and share with Youth focused organizations to understand the challenges and successes of the Youth Sector in Uganda
● Work with the Fundraising & Partnerships team to develop and deliver a Business Development strategy including long term cultivation plans for current and potential donors and partners.
● Ensure high quality proposals are submitted to donors that follow Restless Development’s business principles and model.
Design and oversee implementation of programmes (20%)
● Develop programme designs based Restless Development Programme Quality Framework, using evidence and learning from previous programmes as well as an understanding of the Ugandan context.
● Ensure strategic input into inception workshops to support the translation of successful proposals into effective work plans, ensuring deliverables, including outputs, outcomes, impact and learning, are delivered in line with proposals.
● Support the Programme Managers to deliver their Programmes in line with proposals and Restless.
● Development Programme Quality Framework and to ensure the programmes are continually learning and adapting their approaches.
● Lead the Annual Programme review and planning process to ensure impactful programmes.
● Integrate Dynamic Accountability and Gender transformation into all programme work plans.
● Lead the large Programmes & Partnership Unit, ensuring Managers deliver their areas of work to a high standard.
● Programme Management, Evaluations & Learning and Business Development
● Ensure linkages and learning across the Programmes & Partnerships Unit and which are shared with the Leadership team to support decision making.
Oversight of Evaluations and Learning (20%)
• Ensure learnings from using the Restless Model are shared externally
• Use the learnings from current and past programmes to contribute to programme design and adaptive programming.
• Oversight of the evaluation process and generation of learning for all programmes in the Hub and ensure cross-Hub sharing and learning.
How to apply
Please send a completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date which is by Monday midnight 10th January, 2022. Please note that we DO NOT accept CVs, resumes and Cover letters.
We do appreciate your interest in working with us. However, due to the large number of applicants only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted for interviews within two weeks after the deadline. Ladies and persons with physical impairments are strongly encouraged to apply.