About Restless Development.
Restless Development is a global agency for youth-led development. We support young people to demand and deliver a just and sustainable world for all.
This global agency is run out of nine strategic hubs in nine countries across Africa, Asia and in the UK and USA, with a wider network of partners across the world. We work to make sure young people have a voice, a living, sexual rights, and are leaders in preventing and solving the world’s challenges. Restless Development has been working with young people since 1985 and our work is led by thousands of young people every year. We listen to young people, our work is led by young people, and together we help young people make lasting change in their communities and countries. Find out more here: www.restlessdevelopment.org .
About The Role.
Grants Management and Compliances (40%):
- Organise and lead grant inception meetings to induct implementing staff on grant requirements.
- Schedule and coordinate regular program status meetings to monitor progress against activities, M&E targets and spend, as well as compliance to contractual terms for key restricted grants.
- Produce monthly program status reports for early identification of any challenges and risks in grant spending and implementation which may jeopardise good relations with donors.
- Lead on grants close out process and ensure grant close out files including timesheets are electronically and physically kept in line with our policies and procedures.
- Maintain and regularly update grant management tool to record and track grant performance, spending and related information.
- Create and distribute standard and special reports, studies, summaries, and analyses, as required, to the leadership team and other members of the team, as and when required.
- Lead on updates with partners and donors on grant management issues.
- Participate in budget reforecasting for all grants on a quarterly basis.
- Liaise with the Logistics team to ensure effective donor assets management.
- Work with the Finance team to lead on required grant no cost extensions (NCEs)
- Work with the Finance and OHR teams on monthly staff timesheet allocations.
- Filing of donor and partner contracts and communications (soft and hard copies).
- Ongoing maintenance of partnerships documentation for audit purposes.
- Preparation of required documentation i.e. contracts for internal and external audits, spot checks, and donor financial assessment.
- Work closely with the Head of Program and Partnerships to support the implementation of recommendations from audits for the Fundraising and Partnerships Unit.
- Ensure grant compliance in different processes: procurement, communications, reporting, budget management, etc. including management of pre-grant assessments
- Ensuring all grant documents are being stored and arranged properly in a timely manner.
Donor Reporting (20%):
- Ensure Reporting toolkit is updated and an effective guide to support timely submission and storage of high quality donor reports.
- Coordinate and follow up with Programmes, M&E and Finance staff for input and additional information into donors’ reports.
- Work closely with the Finance team to support the preparation of donor financial reports for small and medium term grants.
- Deliver high quality editing of reports to ensure an accurate picture of progress is presented and donor commitments are met.
- Work together with the Programmes and M&E teams to align internal systems with Donor reporting requirements.
- Coordinate the proposal development process – arranging meetings, coordinating with teams, getting approvals and making sure proposal submission is made in time.
- Lead on partnerships compliance of all CSO partners using Restless Development’s partnership assessment toolkit.
- Lead on completing capacity assessments of Restless Development Uganda commissioned by donors and partners.
- Develop and maintain a donor scoping sheet with details of all potential donors.
- Develop and maintain cultivation plans with details of high priority donors and engagement strategies with them.
- Maintain and regularly update the Uganda hub’s funnel with details of all existing and upcoming grants in the pipeline.
- Support the Fundraising and Partnerships Manager in preparing capacity statements, thematic papers, concept notes and proposals.
- Coordinate logistics for donor visits as well as visits from Restless Development’s international staff.
- Ensure all submitted proposals are stored and arranged properly.
- Performance management of the communications officer
- Induction of new staff and ongoing training of current staff on grant management and donor reporting requirements.
- Support Head of Programs and Partnerships to prepare for internal and external audits.
- Ad-hoc administrative tasks as required.
Experience and Skills.
- Graduate level degree in a relevant field such as International Development, NGO Management, Programme Management, Marketing and Communications.
- Past Grant management and fundraising,managing bilateral & multilateral grants a plus
- Report writing
- Donor financial assessments, audits, and spot checks
- Budget monitoring
- Knowledge of the development sector, particularly on youth
- Experience in emergency and development settings
- Experience working with youth
- Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Good analytical and presentation skills
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
How to Apply.
Please send a completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date which is by Friday midnight 22nd October, 2021. Please note that we DO NOT accept CVs, resumes and Cover letters.
We do appreciate your interest in working with us. However, due to the large number of applicants only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted for interviews within two weeks after the deadline.
Ladies and persons with physical impairments are strongly encouraged to apply.