About Restless Development.
We have just launched our new global strategy – at the heart of everything we do is Youth Power: the collective power of young leaders to create a better world. We also recognise that how we do our work is as important as what we do. We take a power shifting approach. We recognise the growing inequalities and injustices and are intentional in our efforts to shift power, enabling young people and communities who have previously been marginalised to lead.
We are feminist, inclusive, gendertransformative and anti-racist in our approach. We are grounded in communities and work in partnership to ensure young people lead with their communities. We recognise historic power inequalities and aim to decolonise development.
We recognise the barriers that women, girls, non-binary people, people living with disabilities, and young people with different ethnicities, religion and sexual preferences face in the communities in which we work. We want to proactively shift power and ensure every young person is able to lead and create a just and sustainable world and access their rights.
We are a non-profit global agency. We are independently registered and governed in nine countries (India, Nepal, Sierra Leone, Tanzania, Uganda, UK, USA, Zambia and Zimbabwe) bound together by our vision for youth power. We are a global team of 214 people based in 13 countries and we also host a growing youth collective of youth organisations in 185 countries.
We are committed to creating an agency that paves the way on youth-led change and walks the talk on power shifting.
About the Role.
With a global annual budget in the region of £9m, spread across 9 countries, the Finance Director will lead the financial performance of the global agency, directing and supervising financial management, planning, efficiency, transparency and accountability of all Restless Development units globally, to ensure that the agency can deliver its ambitious new strategy. To achieve this, the role will work closely with a global finance team across all our Hubs, with our Hub Directors and leadership teams, the Restless Leadership Team, Global Agency (operations) Leadership team and the International Finance and Audit Committee.
The Finance Director will report to the Co-CEO. This role is therefore ideally suited for an enthusiastic, self-driven and passionate individual who is looking to take a step in to a senior leadership role, and who is confident is driving the financial health of Restless Development.
Essential skills and experience
- ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualification or recognised equivalent
- At least five years’ experience in finance management
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Strong working knowledge and experience of SORP
- Excellent IT, written and verbal communication skills
Desirable skills & experience
- Experience in international development preferable
- Experience in distance management and working with multiple offices internationally preferable
- Willingness to travel
How To Apply.
- Please send an expression of interest (cover letter) outlining your alignment with our values and suitability for the role along with a copy of your latest CV to email@example.com by 5pm (GMT) Monday 2nd May 2022.
- First round interviews are scheduled to take place w/c 9 May 2022.
- Second round interviews will be scheduled to take place 19 May 2022.