About Restless Development.
We know young people have the power to solve the challenges we face in our world, but they are being sidelined. We are the agency that works with young people so they can lead in solving those challenges. Whether that means supporting communities to end child marriage or prevent HIV, we work with young people to change their lives and the lives of people in their communities. Our programmes are genuinely life-changing, but we can’t do any of this without talented, creative individuals at every level of our organisation.
About the Role.
The Fundraising and Events Coordinator – Schools Triathlon is an essential role within Restless Development’s tight-knit Fundraising team. The Coordinator is responsible for the fundraising, data and insights of the Schools Triathlon series. The Schools Triathlon is a mass-participation sporting event for children aged 7-13. It’s aim is to encourage more children into sport while also teaching them the importance of fundraising. Over the years, the events have raised over £1m for Restless Development and local charities and over 9,000 children have taken part. We are aiming to deliver 7 events in 2022 and expand the series each year.
In the role you will work with a wide range of stakeholders (our Schools Triathlon committee, host and participating schools, partners, participants and events delivery partners to name a few), as well as attending school assemblies to recruit participants.
We are looking for a passionate, self-driven individual with a desire to expand the Schools Triathlon series. The successful candidate will not require any fundraising experience. You’ll need to be passionate about what Restless Development does and be able to clearly explain and present that work to motivate our fundraising partners. The successful candidate will have events management experience. This role is part of a small team, so the successful candidate will be a team player who is willing to support the wider team whilst balancing their own workload. They’ll
be occasional weekend work during April and May and regular travel around London for which time off in lieu will be given.
Essential skills and experience
● Excellent planning, organisational and logistical skills
● Public speaking and presentation experience
● Strong written communication skills
● Ability to manage high performing relationships with multiple stakeholders
● Ability to work to deadlines and balance multiple priorities
● Strong IT skills (inc Excel), strong numeracy skills to process financial data
● Ability to manage own time and work autonomously
● Ability to think creatively and innovatively
● Full drivers licence and access to a vehicle
Desirable skills & experience
● Interest in/ knowledge of international development
● Fundraising experience
● Experience using a CRM database
● Experience using JustGiving or other fundraising platforms
How To Apply.
Please send a completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 22nd October. Applications without the form, or CVs, will not be considered. Interviews will be be as and when suitable candiates apply.