About Restless Development.
Restless Development is about one thing: youth leadership. More than ever, the world needs young people’s leadership to solve its greatest challenges. Restless Development supports the journey of a young person to become a leader and helps them multiply that leadership in their communities and around the world. Every year we train, mentor, and connect thousands of young people to lead change. Some are social entrepreneurs, setting up businesses to provide for their families and create jobs, others are youth advocates, campaigning on issues like gender equality, climate justice, HIV and many others. We are a global agency driven by hubs in nine countries, and work with young people in over 70 countries. Our programs are genuinely life-changing, but we cannot do any of this without talented, creative individuals at every level of our organization.
Restless Development USA is a registered US non-profit with 501(c)(3) status, working in collaboration with other Restless Development Hubs around the world. We are an essential strategic hub for the global agency, and work on global advocacy, partnerships, thought leadership and technical assistance on youth-led development. Launched nine years ago in New York, the US Hub has steadily grown and is in an exciting era of increasing growth, influence, and opportunity.
About the Role.
This is an exciting new role that will enable the US Hub to increase our growth and impact by improving and running our finance and operations to make us a more effective, safe and sustainable organization. The Finance and Operations Senior Manager will oversee all finance functions, operations and administration for the US Hub – including systems, reporting, leading our annual budget, reforecasting and year end processes, as well as HR (working with our payroll and benefits administration company) and other administration of the US Hub’s programs and activities.
The Finance and Operations Senior Manager will be joining a current team of 3 staff and 1-2 interns. The US Hub budget ranges from $500k-1m, with ambitions to grow. With other hubs in the global agency, we also work on multi-country proposals and grant management in the $1-5 million range. Given our budget size, we expect the role to be approximately 50% finance and 50% operations/administration.
The Finance & Operations Senior Manager will play a key leadership role of the US Hub, helping to drive forward the strategy and performance of the Hub, alongside the Partnerships Senior Manager and Advocacy & Programs Manager. You’ll also work closely with and have the support of finance and operations staff who support the global agency (currently in the UK and India) and other hubs in Africa and South Asia.
We are looking for a proactive problem solver, with a strong finance background and either experience or an interest in operations – HR, safeguarding, quality assurance systems, virtual and working office management and more. This is a great opportunity to join a small but growing branch of a larger global organization, playing an essential leadership role that could be a stepping stone to a COO career path, or a good fit for someone who enjoys playing a variety of roles in a small organization.
Skills and Experience.
Restless Development invites applications from candiates who are able to demonstrate the following skills, knowledge and experience:
● Degree in accounting or related field
● 2-4 years financial management experience
● Significant experience managing multi-donor funded programs and organizations.
● Budgeting, consolidation and currency management experience
● Significant experience of reporting to US and international donors
● Excellent Excel skills
● Excellent IT, written and verbal communication skills.
● Excellent organization skills and exceptional attention to detail
● Self-starter and quick learner; willingness and ability to seek out information and solutions.
● Experience with or interest and willingness to learn operational and basic HR management
● Analytical skills and comfort with a rapidly changing environment.
● Strong team player and strong cross-cultural skills: ability to establish strong working relationships with staff in the US and in other countries.
● Willingness to wear multiple hats and be a key member of a small team
● Committed to Restless Development’s mission and values
● Management accounting background will be an advantage.
● Nonprofit work or volunteer experience
● Experience of reporting to international donors and working in an International NGO.
● Experience with office, HR and operations management
● Knowledge of US and New York State & City employment and nonprofit laws
● Knowledge of Financial Force
How to apply.
Interested candidates should download the Terms of Reference for more details, and complete this online application form by Thursday 22nd April.
Only successful candidates will be notified. Restless Development is an Equal Opportunities employer and encourages people from diverse backgrounds to apply.