About Restless Development.
We know young people have the power to solve the challenges we face in our world, but they are being ignored and overlooked. We are the agency that works with young people so they can lead in solving those challenges. Whether that means supporting communities to end child marriage or prevent HIV, we work with young people to change their lives and the lives of people in their communities.
Our programmes are genuinely life-changing, but can’t do any of this without talented, creative individuals at every level of our organisation.
About the Programme.
Restless Development Uganda is implementing a four-year program-the Youth Think Tank (YTT) supported by Mastercard Foundation. The program which is being implemented in 7 countries started in October 2016 and will end in March 2021. The countries are Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, Ghana, Zambia, and Malawi.
About the Role.
We are looking for a dynamic and experienced consultant or consultancy firm to conduct an endline evaluation for the Youth Think Tank Programme. The consultant is expected to assess the extent to which the longer term and specific objectives of the programme have been achieved, and how effectively the programme components and outcomes have been met. The consultant should demonstrate evidence of doing similar work with required experience
Skills and Experience.
Restless Development invites applications from Candiates able to demonstrate the following skills, knowledge and experience:
- A Master degree in Monitoring Evaluation and Learning, Research, or other related field and a postgraduate training in Program Planning and Management, Youth Development studies is an added advantage
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in monitoring,evaluation, learning, research and related fields
- A proven background of conducting evaluations on participatory research programmes and familiarity with assessing research and influencing/advocacy outcomes.
- Experience evaluating youth programmes.
- Documentation, analytical and presentation skills with strong writing ability.
- Understanding of the countries mentioned in the scope of study
- Proven experience of performing outcome harvesting
- Excellent written and presentation skills (English)
- Excellent analytical and report writing skills;
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work in the multi-cultural team environment and to deliver under pressure/meet deadlines
- Ability to network with partners on various levels
- Comfortable with the necessary computer skills.
- Knowledge of local languages of the program countries would be an asset.
How to apply.
Interested candidates/firms should send the following to email@example.com by 22nd January 2020 at 5.pm Uganda time.
- An expression of interest (cover letter) indicating availability.
- A brief technical proposal detailing the design and a systematic approach to the execution of the assignment.
- A financial proposal with a detailed breakdown of the costing in relation to the plan to execute the work.
- Team structure in place to execute the assignment.
- Updated profile/CV’s (including at least three references from previous assignments).
- Evidence of past work- at least two most recent evaluation reports (including evidence of LPO’s/examples of contracts executed in the last 3 years).
- Submissions from firms/companies should include certificate of registration and trading licence, evidence of tax filing including certificates.
Consultants and consultancy firms who had earlier applied
are encouraged to re-apply. Only successful candidates/firms will be notified.