About Restless Development.
We know young people have the power to solve the challenges we face in our world, but they are being sidelined. We are the agency that works with young people so they can lead in solving those challenges. Whether that means supporting communities to end child marriage or prevent HIV, we work with young people to change their lives and the lives of people in their communities. Our programmes are genuinely life-changing, but we can’t do any of this without talented, creative individuals at every level of our organisation.
About the Role.
The Corporate Partnerships Manager is an essential role within Restless Development’s tight-knit Fundraising team. The Corporate Partnerships Manager is responsible for raising vital unrestricted income through event sponsorship and corporate partnerships. Currently the vast bulk of financial support at Restless Development comes from multiyear restricted grants from institutions (governments, multilateral agencies, trusts & foundations). To ensure we are reaching our aims of maintaining a balanced budget and sustainable growth, we are committed to increasing investment in the Fundraising team in London with a view to growing unrestricted and strategic income year on year. The Corporate Partnerships Manager is key to this, working closely with the Senior Philanthropy and Partnerships Manager, the Restless Leadership Team and other Hubs around the world to develop these partnerships nationwide and beyond.
We are looking for a passionate, self-driven individual with an appetite for prospecting and sales, a desire to grow and deliver high quality partnerships at Restless Development. The successful candidate will have experience of creating new partnerships with businesses and/or event sponsors. You’ll need to be passionate about what Restless Development does and be able to clearly explain and present that work and its impact to our supporters. This role is part of a small team, so the successful candidate will be a team player who is willing to support the wider team whilst balancing their own workload. There’ll be the occasional late night at an event, and you could be expected to accompany supporters on a visit to see our work in action in Africa or Asia. There is appetite at Restless Development to grow the corporate team and an opportunity for line management once the successful candidate in this role has hit their targets.
Essential skills and experience
- Experience identifying, creating and securing new leads that translate into partnership(s) / sales
- Excellent relationship / account management skills
- Demonstrable Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent planning, organisational and logistical skills
- Ability to manage relationships with multiple stakeholders, at all levels, both internal and external
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to work to deadlines and balance multiple priorities
- Ability to manage own time and work autonomously
- Ability to work as a team to meet deadline
Desirable skills & experience
- An understanding of international development, in particular the youth sector
- Up to date knowledge of the sector, including the setup of the Fundraising Preference Service and General Data Protection Regulation changes
- Experience of fundraising leadership: setting vision and direction as well as planning and delivering ambitious targets
How To Apply.
Please send a completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 1 November 2021 at 9am GMT.
Applications without the form, or CVs, will not be considered. Interviews will take place:
- First round: Wednesday 3 November
- Second round: Monday 8 November