About Restless Development.
We know young people have the power to solve the challenges we face in our world, but they are being sidelined. We are the agency that works with young people so they can lead in solving those challenges. Whether that means supporting communities to end child marriage or prevent HIV, we work with young people to change their lives and the lives of people in their communities. Our programmes are genuinely life-changing, but we can’t do any of this without talented, creative individuals at every level of our organisation.
About the Role
Communication officer will bring to life the story of youth champions in India or a young activist ending child marriage in India. The selected applicant will collaborate with colleagues around the world to create powerful content about youth-led change and use our digital channels to make sure it reaches our audiences of supporters, volunteers and activists.
We are looking for someone who can work in a young, vibrant, friendly and sociable organisation. The applicant will join a supportive and talented team that works globally and nationally, working closely with colleagues based in our different Hubs, especially staff based in India .One need to be proactive, organised, and willing to learn quickly. It’s a really exciting role for anyone starting out on their career in communications and keen to be part of the leading agency supporting young people to make change happen.
Essential skills and experience
- Experience developing and creating content to make audiences take action
- Excellent editing and copywriting skills (English)
- Experience managing social media channels
- Creative and innovative approach to developing content that inspires and engages
- Some experience of Adobe software (Including film and photo editing software-Premiere Pro, Photoshop etc.) or equivalent
- Experience in graphic design for both print and digital using tools like Canva
- Experience producing engaging content for different audiences
- Ability to work with GSuite tools (sheets, docs, calendar)
- Ability to work well with people from different backgrounds and cultures
- Ability to work well both in a team and autonomously
- Some experience in analytics and evaluation
Desirable skills & experience
- Experience creating and editing short video clips for social media
- Experience of copy writing stories for a fundraising audience
- Understanding of international development and/or global justice issues including restoring the power in development
- Experience with social media scheduling tools such as sprout social, publer or hootsuite
- Experience delivering training, including through zoom
- Experience using WordPress to create and edit webpages
- Experience of a contact management platform (eg civi) and mass email tool (eg Mailchimp, civimail)
- Knowledge of basic SEO techniques
How to Apply
- Please send a completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 6th February (midnight India time)
- Please note that we do not accept CVs, resumes or covering letters.
- We are looking for the successful candidate to begin as soon as possible.