About Restless Development.
Restless Development is a global agency for youth-led development. We support young people to demand and deliver a just and sustainable world for all. This global agency is run out of nine strategic hubs in nine countries across Africa, Asia and in the UK and USA, with a wider network of partners across the world. We work to make sure young people have a voice, a living, sexual rights, and are leaders in preventing and solving the world’s challenges. Restless Development has been working with young people since 1985 and our work is led by thousands of young people every year. We listen to young people, our work is led by young people, and together we help young people make lasting change in their communities and countries. Find out more here: www.restlessdevelopment.org .
About The Role.
We are looking for a young person passionate about Youth led development. You will work with a team to increase Restless Development Uganda’s visibility, enabling us to inform and influence our partners, government and other actors. You will be highly creative and organised with strong skills across various areas of communications including social media, writing, video, editing, photography, event management.
Communications Plan Implementation (50%)
- With support from your team, develop and implement a 2 year communications strategy and annual plan to increase Restless Development Uganda’s visibility including:
- Social media (FB, Inst, Twitter, Blogs #WeAreRestless)
- Event management – National Youth Working Group, International Youth Day, Restless Values day, partner events,
- Media engagement incl press, TV, radio, online media, offline media, key influencers
- Youth Collective and Alumni engagement incl contact database management (CIVI
- Develop targets to track Restless Development Uganda’s visibility including website and social media engagement
- Sharing programmes outputs and research in creative ways with our audiences.
- Manage our brand, ensuring it is understood and used effectively by staff and helps achieve our goals and mission.
Content Development (25%)
- Working with the Programmes and M&E Teams and others, develop content including:
- Developing and editing videos to engage external stakeholders
- Photo library to include inspiring photos across all our work
- Ensure photo and video content is well maintained and stays updated across our channels.
- Generating, writing and designing stories of change to share the impact of our work
- Lead production design and distribution of innovative and high quality newsletters and annual report to update external stakeholders
- Updating our website with new and relevant information
- Curate all content so it is easily accessible for relevant stakeholders
Internal Communications (20%)
- Be the link for the Restless Development Uganda Hub internally including
- Taking and sharing minutes of Board and CLT meetings
- Ensuring relevant information is accessible to all staff using Google drive
- Connect and share updates to and from other Hubs and International
- Track and share updates, trends and innovation on youth development from Gov’t, UN agencies, donors, movements and other key influencers to inform our work
- Editing documents for teams
- Sharing monthly internal updates including leadership and programmes
Experience and Skills.
- 2 years work experience in communications
- Proven experience of coordinating communication projects from design to completion including evaluating impact
- Excellent writing, editing, designing and photography skills
- Ability to read, synthesis information to produce clear, well written summaries
- Experience in video editing and design – ideally with experience in Adobe software
- Experience in maintaining a website
- Demonstrated social media experience at a high level
- Personal commitment to Restless Developments vision and values
- Passionate about Youth led development
- University level degree
- Experience of developing and implementing communication plans including advocacy, media and programmes
- Experience working in the Youth or International development sector
How to Apply.
Please send a completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org by Midnight Friday 15th October 2021. Please note that we do not accept CVs, resumes or covering letters.
We do appreciate your interest in working with us. However, due to the large number of applicants only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted for interviews within two weeks after the deadline.
Ladies and persons with physical impairments are strongly encouraged to apply.
Experience in working with emergency and development setting required.