About Restless Development.
Restless Development is an agency for youth-led development, demonstrating from the grass-roots to the global policy level that young people can and must play a leading role in development. As a result, Restless Development is repeatedly cited as the model for best practice in youth-led development by the World Bank, UNICEF, USAID, and others.
About Restless Development USA Board of Directors.
The US Board of Directors is an active governance board of Restless Development USA, an independent affiliate of the global agency. The Board provides governance and oversight, and offers staff mentor-ship, advice, practical support, and connections. A top priority of the US Board of Directors is fundraising and profile-raising to sustain and grow the US hub.
We currently have an active and engaged Board that brings a valuable and diverse array of experiences and perspectives. The Board is led by a Board Management Committee, including a Chair / President, Vice Chair, Treasurer, and Clerk, as well as Committee Chairs who are not officers.
About the Role.
We are looking for Restless-minded individuals with diverse skill sets who are prepared to join our Board of Directors Management Committee, and support our important global work through stewardship of Restless Development USA.
- Board members are expected to participate in virtual quarterly meetings in January, April, and August, and attend an annual retreat in mid-November.
- The Board has several standing committees. Each Board member is expected to be an active member of at least one committee.
- Board members are expected to initiate and support fundraising, partnership, and profile-raising efforts throughout the year.
- The Board has a 100% commitment to giving – each Board member makes an annual contribution at an amount that is personally significant.
- Board members are expected to be ambassadors for Restless Development and our values and goals, and to make connections with and encourage the support of friends, family, colleagues and other networks to advance the work of Restless Development.
Desired skills, experience and commitment:
- Belief in, and commitment to Restless Development’s mission, vision, and values. In particular, we believe in racial justice, feminist leadership, community engagement/engaging communties/community leadership, and the power of young people.
- Interest in international development and Restless Development’s mission, and passion for learning more (experience in Africa or South Asia is a plus.)
- Willingness and/or experience to help with fundraising efforts.
- Creative and innovative thinking; experience helping to create or grow start-ups or initiatives.
- Restless Development believes in the power of young people to affect change at all levels of the organization, including our Board of Directors. We welcome applications from candidates of all ages,and particularly encourage those 25 and younger to apply.
How To Apply.
Please complete this application form.