We are in a climate crisis.
Right now, we are in a climate and ecological crisis. Climate change is among the most pressing issues affecting people and communities globally. As the impact intensifies, the subsequent consequences of climate change will not be borne out equally or fairly, between rich and poor, men and women, and older and young generations. The effects on people’s health, livelihoods, resources and security will be felt most by vulnerable communities in the Global South, with young people likely to be acutely affected by this uncertain future.
But, far from being passive victims, young people all over the world are fighting back. Over the past few years, young people have taken the lead on tackling the climate crisis, from school striking to disrupting public spaces. Young people, the largest generation in history, represent an historic opportunity to deliver climate action.
Why do we need a network of climate action champions?
At Restless Development, Climate Justice is an increasingly urgent priority – 70% of young people in our global Youth Power network have told us that climate action is a top priority for them. We know young people, the biggest youth generation in history, have the power to solve the challenges we face in the world, including combating climate change and systems of oppression. Restless Development is committed to supporting young people and youth organisations, particularly those most affected in the Global South, to be leaders in the fight for global climate justice.
To take this further, we are bringing together a global network of young people leading climate action – to share actions and opportunities. Are you a climate action champion? Sign-up below to tell us more and to be connected with latest opportunities, events and incoming campaigns!
Join the Climate Action Champions network
What do we want?
- Young people all around the world leading the fight for Climate Justice
- Diverse young people represented in global platforms, amongst decision makers and in the media.
- Be able to quickly share opportunities and actions for climate justice.
- To support, inspire and collaborate across geographies and backgrounds.
What’s in it for you?
Champions will be at the forefront of catalysing climate action – adding voice, and power to make change happen for global climate justice. By becoming a Climate Action Champion you will:
- Be the first to find out about youth climate opportunities
- Be invited to join events, such as our Climate Youth Hack in October
- Take an active role in driving global campaign
- Be invited and supported to contribute to our WeAreRestless blog on issues that matter to you and your movement
- Be connected with media or speaking opportunities
- Inform the design of a Youth Fund for Climate Action (potential)
Sign up to our Climate Action Champions network to be connected with latest opportunities, events and incoming climate action campaigns!The information you provide will be treated as strictly confidential and will only ever be used by Restless Development’s external engagement team to connect you with relevant opportunities. It will never be shared with third party organisations. You can read Restless Development’s full Privacy Statement (restlessdevelopment.org/data-protection-policy) for more information about how we take care of your data.