Closing date: 9.00am (GMT) Wednesday 30th March
Salary: £23,583 gross p.a.
Location: London, UK
We’re looking for a charismatic, innovative and highly organised leader with extensive experience of planning and delivering training events to young adults. If you also have the skills to support and inspire fantastically diverse young people to challenge themselves to change their world, then read on.
The Training and Learning Coordinator, part of a dynamic sub-team of eight people, will manage the training and learning of approximately 500 UK volunteers each year. The successful candidate will work directly with our International Citizen Service (ICS) volunteers (aged 18-25), organising and coordinating their three day UK training.
Managing a team of freelance Trainers, the Coordinator will ensure that our UK volunteers are fully prepared and excited about all aspects of ICS: personal development, development impact and active citizenship. They will also ensure that volunteers feel connected to Restless Development, our values and ambition.
The role will involve leading up to 20 trainings each year. These currently often happen at the weekend (although they can be scheduled for weekdays, venue permitting), with generous time off in lieu given. As such, this role is ideal for someone who is looking for a role that offers flexibility.
- On a practical level, the Training and Learning Coordinator will: Work with our in-country teams to ensure the overseas element of ICS is conveyed accurately to UK volunteers before they depart.
- Manage the logistics for all training events including booking venues, briefing Trainers, debriefing with support staff, collating volunteer and Trainer feedback, and processing expenses and invoices.
- Deliver Pre-Placement Training to groups of approximately 20-30 people and Team Leader Training to groups of 5-10.
- Ensure all quality standards are met, including Safeguarding.
- Develop and regularly update training resources including country-specific handbooks.
- Manage a modest budget.
A full person specification can be found in the full job description.
DOWNLOAD JOB DESCRIPTION
DOWNLOAD APPLICATION FORM