Today Ravindra Shakya, Country Director for Restless Development in Nepal, received the most esteemed national award in Development Sector – The Social Service Award 2014.
The Award was presented by Rt. Hon’ble Vice President of Nepal in the special function organized by Ministry of Social Welfare to mark the Social Service Week on Monday 22th September 2014. Social Service Day is one of the biggest events in Nepalese Government Calendar, where thousands of development workers gather to mark the day and showcase their works and achievements.
In his award acceptance speech Ravindra said that he accepted this award with a great humility and has increased a sense of responsibilities. He stressed the role of young people in Nepal and appealed to challenge the brain drain and unsafe migration of Nepali youth. He further emphasized the need of inclusive strategy in development process in Nepal.
The Award is provided as a lifetime achievement of the individual who had devoted their life in nation’s development. Ravindra’s nomination appraised his 31 years of contribution to development sector, and his multifaceted personality. The nomination mentioned his current leadership in Association of INGOs, his achievements in his present organization (Restless Development).
The nomination also quotes Ravindra as:
- Youth Activist and leading personality in Youth Empowerment in Nepal
- Capacity Builder of youth led and youth focused CSOs in Nepal
- Pioneer in partnering with Ministry of Youth and Sports to implement National Youth Policy and National youth implementation plan
- Promoter of the successful model of Youth Clubs in government schools and rural communities.
- Strong Advocate against unsafe youth migration and brain drain from Nepal.
Today the whole team of Restless Development Nepal was present at the Social Welfare Council event, along with thousands of other participants.