Join the fight against child marriage
Restless Development and dance4life and are organising a nationwide campaign including on the ground activities on child marriage in the states of Orissa, Bihar, Jharkhand, Delhi and Tamil Nadu.
"KNOT SO YOUNG" campaing involves youth to increase awareness about child marriage, its negative impact, its legal implications and take active action to prevent early and forced marriages in their immediate surroundings.
• Youth raise awareness on the impact of child marriage, reduce its incidence and progressively eliminate the social practice
• Engage boys and men as champions to fight child marriage
• Build public pressure for stringent action against the practice of child marriage
The campaign against child marriage is active in Delhi, Tamil Nadu, Bihar, Orissa, and Jharkhand.
What we are doing
- Engage youth and community members in who are directly affected by the practice of child marriage either within their families or their immediate surroundings.
- Community based rallies/door-to-door campaigns by young men and boys on ill effects of child marriage
- Establishment of Youth Clubs/Councils/Anti Child Marriage Brigade comprising of young people, parents, teachers, PRI members and other community members, to act as watchdogs within the community preventing and reporting incidence of child marriage.
- Consultation with young people from school and colleges, to develop a charter of demands to be presented to government authorities to take initiatives to prevent child marriage.
- Media liaison to highlight the practice of child marriage and its negative impact.
TAKE THE PLEDGE ON CHILD MARRIAGE
Restless Development (legally known as Students Partnership Worldwide (SPW) India Project Trust) is a youth led development agency. We are committed to mobilizing young people as an effective human resource in development efforts. We have been working in India since 1985 with young people between the age of 10-30 years with a focus on adolescents and youth using life skills for Sexual Reproductive Health Rights, Civic Participation & Governance and Livelihoods. Restless Development’s mission is to place young people at the forefront of change and development.
dance4life is a global movement working with young people on issues of sexual and reproductive health rights, child marriage and HIV/AIDS. Its purpose is to create social change and empower young people to take action. The initiative is active in 20 countries, spread over 5 continents.