LOCATION: Limpopo, Mpumalanga, KZN and Eastern Cape, South Africa
CLOSING DATE: 16:00pm (SA time) Friday 24th August 2018
PROGRAMME PERIOD: August 2018-March 2020
ABOUT RESTLESS DEVELOPMENT
We know young people have the power to solve the challenges we face in our world, but they are being sidelined. We are the agency that works with young people so they can lead in solving those challenges. Whether that means supporting communities to end child marriage or prevent HIV, we work with young people to change their lives and the lives of people in their communities. Our programmes are genuinely life-changing, but can’t do any of this without talented, creative individuals at every level of our organisation.
Restless new programme “Empowering the silenced voices of South Africa's Civil Society sector to build a ASRHR Movement effecting lasting change” funded by Amplify Change aim to establish a coalition of Civil Society Organisation's (CSO’s) with a special focus on ASRHR, working with key populations, with less representation at National Level platforms, Organizations that requires programme strengthening and an enabling platform to advocate for services and influence policies at a National Level so as to drive implementation.
This programme extends Restless footprints by working in four provinces in South Africa namely Limpopo, Mpumalanga, KZN and Eastern Cape. This is a youth-led, constituency based membership, ensuring that those who participate on national platforms and represent the coalition both on the Steering Committee and through the ASRHR accountability decision-making platforms, are part of the constituency whom they have been selected to represent – youth; youth identifying as LGBTI; women and girls; adolescents living with disabilities and sex workers.
Restless Development seeks to recruit 8 CSO to form part of the coalition. The Interested Organization requires demonstration or implementation footprints in one or more of the four mentioned provinces in South Africa.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Selected CSOs will be expected to commit two of their members as their organization representatives that will form part of the coalition partner representatives. These committee members will be expected to be actively involved in the coalition by attending the quarterly steering Coalition Meeting and inputting towards the objectives of the coalition.
The partner CSO’s will be expected to establish joint action plans with activities that will be implemented jointly as part of Advocacy for the next two years. They are to participate at a core ASRHR Accountability platforms Bi- Annually as coalition’s partners.
For each organization, the following is mandatory:
• Youth Led Organizations or an organization that works with the majority of young people in respective communities.
• Organization that responds to SRHR outcomes at a Local/Provincial/National level to key populations (LGBTI and young women and girls / marginalized communities or people living with disabilities/sex workers)
• Organizations with implementation or demonstration footprint in Mpumalanga/ Limpopo/Eastern Cape and KwaZulu-Natal.
• Registered organizations that meet the minimum standards for CSO’s in South Africa
• Organization with an organizational structure and board of trustees
• The Organization must have an office even if it is outside of the area of implementation.
• Organization that has a youth-led decision-making structure within their organisation whether a formal governance Board, advisory panel or youth-led management structure that approves plans and drives intervention design.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information, please send the company profile, with the 1 page motivational letter and copies of company registration documents to firstname.lastname@example.org by 16:00 pm (SA time) Friday 24th August 2018.
For information please contact Nolubabalo Kwayimani - Email: email@example.com Tel: +27 (0) 43 721 0260