As part of a five year partnership, Restless Development and KPMG have worked together to demonstrate a leading model of civil society and private sector partnership - proving that by working together, across sectors, we can have a greater impact.
By providing pro bono support across the global organisation, KPMG have built the capacity of Restless Development staff, enabling them to efficiently deliver against their ambitious business plan. The pro bono placements have provided international exposure and invaluable professional development opportunities for KPMG staff.
The successful BRIGHT and pro bono placements and fantastic mentoring relationships have all contributed to the partnership winning a succession of awards:
- 2014 Business Charity Award for Employee Engagement (Winner)
- 2014 Corporate Engagement Award for Most Effective Long Term Programme (Gold)
- 2014 Corporate Engagement Award for Best Management of a Programme (Gold)
- 2014 Corporate Engagement Award for Most Innovative Collaboration (Highly Commended)
- Charity Times Awards 2014 for Corporate Social Responsibility Project of the Year (Winner)
- 2013 Corporate Engagement Award for Best Pro Bono Programme (Gold)
- 2013 Corporate Engagement Award for Best Community Involvement in a Corporate Engagement (Silver)
A BRIGHT 2014
This year, the fourth year of the partnership, sixteen KPMG professionals completed two-week technical placements at Restless Development offices in Nepal, Tanzania, South Africa, Uganda and Zambia. The volunteers provided invaluable capacity building support in areas such as Leadership Development, Private Sector Engagement, Financial Literacy and Livelihood Advisory.
DOWNLOAD KPMG & RESTLESS DEVELOPMENT END OF YEAR REPORT 2014
KPMG Technical Assistants were committed and provided valuable support. They brought an external perspective and focused, well-tailored support to our needs. They exceeded my expectations of what short-term placements could achieve.
Jessica Greenhalf, Country Director, Restless Development Uganda
"Applying for the BRIGHT took me to where I am now [...] I could have never predicted this. I am now using all I learnt at Restless Development on my placement – combined with other things I have done – and pass it on in the training I deliver to new starters [at KPMG]."
Read MORE ABOUT VICTORIA'S PLACEMENT in Uganda here.